Blue Ranunculus:


Happy Monday all!  Today is a day off where I live, and it is a beautiful end to a beautiful weekend.  The sun has been shining and the weather has been pretty awesome for May.


Today I going to be the perfect day to be in the craftroom with the sun shining in and a lovely light fresh breeze coming through the window.


I just received an order from Simon Says Stamp and couldn't wait to ink up the new Sketch Ranunculus stamp set!


I white heat embossed my flowers, then applied water with a brush to the paper.  With the paper still damp, I applied the colours with Zig markers.  Once it was all dry, I fussy cut and adhered my flowers to my card base.  For the background I pretty did the same thing as the flowers except I did not wet it first.


I also have (still) been practicing my background colouring, which for some reason is hard for me to grasp.  I am rather happy with my grey watercolouring!!





Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  
Simon Says Stamp Sketch Ranunculus
Die cuts:  none
Frosting: 
Wow Embossing Powder WhiteTim Holtz WaterbrushCanson XL Watercolor paper (140lbs)Zig Clean Color Real BrushesTsukineko Versafine Onyx Black


I created this card for the following challenges:






Sunday Stamps (forgot to link up on Monday, better late then never)
CAS(E) this Sketch
AAA Cards




Have a super great day!  I am going to be crafting all day with my new goodies.  Got to love holiday Mondays!!!











Comments

Dotty Jo said…
Stunningly beautiful! Jo x
Jane said…
How those vibrant blues on those simplistic flowers shine out! Fabulous card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.
stampwithsandy said…
Gasp!!! Just stunning, Deanne!
Leigh Penner said…
Beautiful take on the sketch!
Coralynn Murray said…
Fabulous! The colours and design. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!
Ceal said…
Gorgeous card, love the color. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!
Deanne, I love your card! Gorgeous colours and amazing watercolouring! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
stampwithamyk said…
Oh my goodness, just beautiful! I love the flowers and your background looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!
Teresa Kline said…
this is gorgeous, luv those flowers! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Popular Posts