Mitten Joy:


Good morning all!  I do hope you have been enjoying your weekend so far.  It has been oh so very cold here, for the most part -40C (-40F).  You know it's cold when Celsius and Fahrenheit meet =)

With that being said, my card is reflects how to dress in Canada - wearing mittens!!

I started with Reverse Confetti Diagonal Stripe Pretty Panel and Class Act Confetti Cuts.  I added a Paper Smooches Joyful Greetings sentiment in Onyx Black VersaFine.  I then finished the card off with American Crafts twine, Studio Calico mini clothespin (?retired), and a Darice sequin.  

My felt mittens are recycled from a mass produced greeting card that our office received for Christmas.  I knew I could cut them out and give them new life.  And I did just that.  I coloured them with a BG05 Holiday Blue Copic and attached the mittens to my card - viola!






I created this card for the following challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches

CAS-ual Fridays



Enjoy your weekend - stay warm!!!!

Photobucket

Comments

Kim S said…
OK - that is scary cold!! I am hoping you are staying inside and crafting! I love how you have used the angled panels - the diagonal striped panel, the big twine bow and the clothespin work perfectly with the fun angles! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Karren said…
Oh wow! I can't even comprehend -40 temps. Hope it starts to warm up soon for you, Deanne! In the meantime, stamping is a great way to stay warm :) Love this cute little mitten card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Linda Callahan said…
Oh I hear ya! We are shivering in upstate NY as well! Love this card! Sweet mittens!
JanR said…
Hmmmm.....your mittens need to be a bit thicker than that. ;-) Wonderful card!
Sweet! Great take on the sketch! Hazel x
Shelly said…
Super CUTE card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Popular Posts