Warm Christmas Wishes:

Good morning all.

First I want to say I am thinking of all of you who have been hit by Sandy - I hope you are all safe and warm.  I've been watching this horrific event on tv and the internet and my heart goes out to all the victims.  Just devastating.

Secondly, happy Halloween.  No Halloween cards here today  :)
This will be the first year we don't hand out candy.  I am such a Halloween grouch hey?  With our renovations we still don't have a door bell and our youngest Chihuahua now doesn't like children.  She was so good last year when she was a puppy, she was so excited to see all the little trick-or-treaters.  This year she's like me:  an old grouch.

Thirdly, this week's challenge at Papercraft Star is Warm Beverages.  

Of course I immediately thought of Christmas.  I LOVE hot chocolate with a splash of peppermint extract - yummers!!

I used a digi collage from The House Across the Bay, changed the color to a deep red, printed on vintage paper, and stacked them on top of each other so it would match my papers and shabby feel.  You'll also be seeing a lot of cheese cloth on my creations - love that too!!
Card Ingredients:  The House Across the Bay digis, Craftsmart Chocolate and Gold inks, Tin Holtz Frayed Burlap distressing ink, MME Christmas papers, Recollections pearls, American Crafts jute, cheese cloth, KaiserCraft lace, small Christmas tree ornament.  Tools:  sewing machine, Fiskars paper crimper, Shapabilities, Making Memories edge ripper.


I made this card for the following challenges:  Simon Says Stamp & Show - pearls, Stamps & Fun = Creativity - stitching, The Pink Elephant and Happy Campers - shabby.

 Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Photobucket
Looking for some *home* creativity??  Please visit my new Modest Homespun Creations blog.

Comments

~amy~ said…
gorgeous card...love all the layers!

I haven't given out candy in a long time...never get trick or treaters where I live...this year for some reason I bought 3 bags of candy...LOL. I hope I get trick or treaters or else my co-workers will be very happy tomorrow:)
Ros Crawford said…
Lovely card Deanne ... I really like your design ... Happy Halloween ... even if you don't have a doorbell! My dog used to go berserk at Halloween with everyone calling ... they got more of a fright seeing a huge German Shepherd waiting for them Lol!
Happy Halloween!!
What a LOVELY card! The colors and the materials are so beautiful!
Here in Holland they don't do that much with Halloween, so I dressed up the house and that's it.
This year Í received my first Halloween card ever...

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
Candy C said…
Deanne...love your card. I love the vintage/shabby feeling you've given to it. Love the digi collage and the cheese cloth tucked in behind it. I also love that blingy little star at the bottom! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Deanne, love all the elements you used here! Happy Halloween to you and the doggie. Have a wonderful day!
Anna-Karin said…
Beuatiful card! Love the colours and all the pretty elements you used. The star looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!
♥Jan♥ said…
We had a mastiff who was so protective he had to stand between us and the kiddies so they wouldn't hurt us, lol. I too am looking forward to Christmas now, and am really tickled with your card ! I see Rilly posted it on Pintrest, fun !! Hugs ! -J-
StephC said…
Another stunning card! I love how you use the digis from THATB. Your layers and details are alway gorgeously put together. Love it!
Stacey Schafer said…
love this! your placement of brads and use of texture is genious! thanks for playing the Pink Elephant!
~*Joni said…
Holy smokes Deanne! This card is beeeautiful! I just love your pretty layers, so perfectly done with all the right stitching and embellishing. Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at The Pink Elephant's vintage/shabby challenge! and btw, I am a Halloween grump too. ;) I prefer to skip over and just make Autumn and cold weather cards. heehee! Hugs!
~*Joni TPE DT
Sleepy Stamper said…
Wow Deanne, changing the colors on this digi image totally changed the look and feel to the image! Well done!

Anitra
Vee Cassidy said…
Beautiful work, thank you for joining us at Happy Campers; good luck. Vee xx

Popular Posts