Vintage Masculine...




Hi!  Just a quick post as I really need to sit down comfortably.  I fell this morning on the sidewalk holding my little Chihuahua puppy and just haven't felt like fabulous.  No worries, Pixie is safe - I am another story LOL.

I am so excited to share this card with you.  I wanted a really masculine card - nothing cutesy.  So I whipped this card up (by whipped, I mean another 2 hour card *sigh*).  I brought out my inks and distressed everything PLUS I also dusted off my acrylic stamps to make the sentiment background and to ink the bottom of the pattern paper (do you see the "manly" deer?).  If only I were this creative all the time when it came to masculine cards.

Card Ingredients:  Inkadinkadoo The Great Outdoors stamps;  My Mind's Eye papers;  Recollections cardstock;  Labels 18 and Oval Nesties;  CraftSmart Chocolate and Gold inks;  We R Memory Keepers Cream Soda baker's twine;  vintage button.  Tools:  sewing machine, ink sponges.

I made this birthday card for the following challenges:   If the Shoe Fits - try something new (inking around a Nestie);  Bearly Mine - for the boys;  Creative Craft Challenges - going minimalistic;  Going Grey - sentiment as main focus;  Deep Ocean Challenge - vintage.

Enjoy your Sunday evening.  See you all again tomorrow!

Photobucket

Comments

Julia said…
Very nice masculine birthday card. No pinks, no glitter, no bows, HEHE...the perfect manly card :) Sorry to hear you fell, hope you are feeling better!
~amy~ said…
hope you're feeling better...LOVE your fab masculine card!
Lynne said…
I hope you were able to get some rest today, and that you feel better soon. Your card is magnificent.
cheryl said…
oh wow this is simply stunning really adore this,the layout and the detail is amazing,bless you for playing at creative craft this week,and hope you start too feel better real soon take care hugs cherylxxxxx
what a gorgeous card .......love the colors ....thanks for joining us at BMD......

Hugs
Judith
Nikbee said…
A beautiful card. I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x
Mynn xx said…
What an amazing piece of artwork--it's gorgeous!!! :)
tiggertastic said…
i really like this card, it has such a classy feel to it
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Popular Posts