Winter Beans

Happy Friday my friends! Oh how I LOVE Fridays - one of the best days of the week!! We have another busy weekend planned - lots of visiting and outdoor work again. Monday the boss is back and our receptionist is away :( I am not looking forward to stinky Monday LOL

With that said... First off, I would like thank all of you for all of your support for Derek's card (see here) yesterday. I think he was pleased as punch. What's funny is that he got more comments than I usually do LOL.
Secondly, I think he has more appreciation for what I do. It took him 15 minutes to make that card, now he understands why it can take me up to 2 1/2 hours to make a card LOL...


And with THAT said... on to today's project...
I am a little worried that my Sympathy card is a bit too "over the top."



I followed Gloria's beautiful sketch over at Practical Scrappers today. This is Gloria's last sketch for us as she is busy with other obligations. I will miss her wonderful sketches.


And this is what I came up with. What do you think? Too much??? I keep thinking how wonderful a birthday card would look with a nice big pink bow like this...

Card Ingredients: K&Co Wild Saffron paper; Recollections cardstock; studio g stamp; Craft Smart Chocolate Brown ink; Ms ribbon and pearls; random button and twine.

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend! I should be back hopefully on Sunday! Take care!
Photobucket

Comments

D said…
It's not over the top. Your card is beautiful and it just might put a smile on someone's face even if only for a brief moment.
buglvr2010 said…
I agree with Denise....I don't think your card is over the top. I think it is elegant and beautiful.

Corri
Simply gorgeous, Deanne!!
You are amazing with ribbon...seriously amazing! Beautiful card!
Lynne said…
Dear Deanne; I think your card is so remarkable. You are a genius at making bows. Lovely work, indeed! Have a terrific weekend! Enjoy the sunshine and heat! XOXO's
Corie said…
This is absolutely FABULOUS -- love it!!
OOOOHHH and AHHHH and the gorgeous bow! I LOVE it!
Lori said…
No way this is over the top. It's absolutely gorgeous and will put a much needed smile on the face of someone who needs it. It's great...REALLY!
Alissa said…
simple yet oh so beautiful

Popular Posts